Upload Data into SPSS
Bring research data into SPSS for manipulation and analysis
Databases that are created in Excel should have a data dictionary that coincides with the variables and values that will be entered into the database. These data dictionaries describe the variable names, the levels, codes, or values of each variable, and the scale of measurement for each variable in the database. They can be easily created in Word.
After data has been entered into a research database created in Excel, researchers need to upload their data into SPSS for manipulation and analysis. Luckily, SPSS has a very user-friendly method for uploading research data. The steps for uploading an Excel spreadsheet are presented below:
The steps for uploading an Excel database into SPSS
1. Save the Excel spreadsheet to your Desktop using a name that you can easily identify.
2. Start SPSS.
3. A window opens up. Click on the "Open an existing data source" marker to highlight it.
4. Click OK.
5. Navigate to the Desktop using the drop-down menu associated with Look in:.
6. Under the Files of Type: drop-down menu, click on Excel (*.xls, *.xlsx, *.xlsm) to select it.
6. Click on the Excel spreadsheet in the window to highlight it.
7. Click Open.
8. A new window opens up. Click on the drop-down menu for Worksheet: to select which sheet to upload into SPSS..
9. Click OK.
Statistician Services for Professionals
Eric Heidel, Ph.D. will provide the following services for researchers, professionals, and organizations at $100/hour. Secure checkout is available with Stripe or PayPal.
- Statistical Analysis
- Research Design
- Sample Size Calculations
- Diagnostic Testing and Epidemiological Calculations
- Survey Design and Psychometrics
AppNotch: Convert this website into an Android and iOS app.
AppNotch team will notify you when your app gets approved in Google Play and Apple iTunes App Stores. Once your app goes live, enter your App Store URLs in this property window, publish your Weebly site and your app store icons will be visible in this page.
Please visit AppNotch.com FAQ to learn more about how to add App Store icons to your website, update your app, send Push notifications and more.
Professional Statistician For Hire!
Copyright © 2019 Scalë. All Rights Reserved. Patent Pending.