Compare two observations of a continuous outcome after meeting statistical assumptions
The steps for conducting a repeated-measures t-test in SPSS
2. Click Analyze.
3. Drag the cursor over the Compare Means drop-down menu.
4. Click on Paired-Samples T Test.
5. Click on the first observation of the continuous outcome.
7. Click on the arrow button to move the first observation of the outcome variable into the Test Pairs box under the Variable1 column.
8. Click on the second observation of the continuous outcome.
9. Click on the arrow button to move the second observation of the outcome variable into the Test Pairs box under the Variable2 column.
10. Click OK.
The steps for interpreting the SPSS output for a repeated-measure t-test
2. In the Paired Samples Test table, look at the p-value associated with Sig. (2-tailed) column. This is the p-value that is interpreted.
If it is LESS THAN .05, then researchers have evidence of a statistically significant difference in the continuous outcome across time or within-subjects.
If the p-value is MORE THAN .05, then researchers have evidence that there is NOT a statistically significant difference in the continuous outcome across time or within-subjects.
Statistician Services for Students
Eric Heidel, Ph.D. will provide the following services for undergraduate and graduate students at $50/hour. Secure checkout is available with Stripe or PayPal.
- Statistical Analysis
- Research Design
- Sample Size Calculations
- Diagnostic Testing and Epidemiological Calculations
- Survey Design and Psychometrics
AppNotch: Convert this website into an Android and iOS app.
AppNotch team will notify you when your app gets approved in Google Play and Apple iTunes App Stores. Once your app goes live, enter your App Store URLs in this property window, publish your Weebly site and your app store icons will be visible in this page.
Please visit AppNotch.com FAQ to learn more about how to add App Store icons to your website, update your app, send Push notifications and more.
Professional Statistician For Hire!
Copyright © 2017 Scalë. All Rights Reserved. Patent Pending.