Novel research questions
The "N" in FINER means generating new evidence for the current empirical literature
Asking novel research questions does not mean that researchers cannot replicate, verbatim, the methods of previously published studies! Without a doubt, using the methods of researchers who have an article published in a top-tier journal is a very smart decision. Also, the findings of published studies are supposed to be tested in different populations and different situations in order to generate more validity for the clinical evidence. Validating the findings of published studies is a great way to ask novel research questions with the FINER framework!
Another option for writing novel research questions is for researchers to measure for different predictor, confounding, clinical, etiological, demographic, or outcome variables that have not been assessed in the current literature.
Secondary, tertiary, and ancillary questions also play a role in meeting "N" criteria for the FINER framework. Novel research questions can come from finding various demographic, clinical, confounding, and prognostic variables in the existing literature and adding them to a research study.
Novel research questions and FINER
1. Do you have a strong mastery of the current literature in the area of interest?
2. Has the research question been answered before, but not with your proposed environment, patient population, or framework?
3. Have you examined the discussion and implications sections of published articles for questions posed by authors?
4. Are you using more rigorous research designs to improve upon the level of evidence that exists in the literature?
5. Are you using more precise and accurate predictor, confounding, or outcome variables than what appears in the literature?
6. Do you believe that the study will make a meaningful contribution to the literature?
Statistician Services for Professionals
Eric Heidel, Ph.D. will provide the following services for researchers, professionals, and organizations at $100/hour. Secure checkout is available with Stripe or PayPal.
- Statistical Analysis
- Research Design
- Sample Size Calculations
- Diagnostic Testing and Epidemiological Calculations
- Survey Design and Psychometrics
AppNotch: Convert this website into an Android and iOS app.
AppNotch team will notify you when your app gets approved in Google Play and Apple iTunes App Stores. Once your app goes live, enter your App Store URLs in this property window, publish your Weebly site and your app store icons will be visible in this page.
Please visit AppNotch.com FAQ to learn more about how to add App Store icons to your website, update your app, send Push notifications and more.
Professional Statistician For Hire!
Copyright © 2018 Scalë. All Rights Reserved. Patent Pending.