Compare two observations of a dichotomous categorical outcome
The steps for conducting a McNemar's test in SPSS
2. Click Analyze.
3. Drag the cursor over the Nonparametric Tests drop-down menu.
4. Drag the cursor over the Legacy Dialogs drop-down menu.
5. Click 2 Related Samples.
6. Click on the first observation of the dichotomous categorical outcome.
7. Click on the arrow button to move the first observation of the outcome variable into the Test Pairs box under the Variable1 column.
8. Click on the second observation of the dichotomous categorical outcome.
9. Click on the arrow button to move the second observation of the outcome variable into the Test Pairs box under the Variable2 column.
10. Click on the Wilcoxon box to deselect it.
11. Click on the McNemar box to select it.
12. Click OK.
The steps for interpreting the SPSS output for a McNemar's test
If it is LESS THAN .05, then researchers have evidence of a statistically significant effect in the dichotomous categorical outcome across time or within-subjects.
If the p-value is MORE THAN .05, then researchers have evidence that there is NOT a statistically significant effect in the dichotomous categorical outcome across time or within-subjects.
Statistician Services for Students
Eric Heidel, Ph.D. will provide the following services for undergraduate and graduate students at $50/hour. Secure checkout is available with Stripe or PayPal.
- Statistical Analysis
- Research Design
- Sample Size Calculations
- Diagnostic Testing and Epidemiological Calculations
- Survey Design and Psychometrics
AppNotch: Convert this website into an Android and iOS app.
AppNotch team will notify you when your app gets approved in Google Play and Apple iTunes App Stores. Once your app goes live, enter your App Store URLs in this property window, publish your Weebly site and your app store icons will be visible in this page.
Please visit AppNotch.com FAQ to learn more about how to add App Store icons to your website, update your app, send Push notifications and more.
Professional Statistician For Hire!
Copyright © 2019 Scalë. All Rights Reserved. Patent Pending.