Mann-Whitney U and Homogeneity of Variance
Correct for violating the assumption of homogeneity of variance with independent samples t-test
The steps for conducting a Mann-Whitney U test when statistical assumptions are not met
2. Click Analyze.
3. Drag the cursor over the Nonparametric Tests drop-down menu.
4. Drag the cursor over the Legacy Dialogs drop-down menu.
5. Click 2 Independent Samples.
6. Click on the continuous outcome variable to highlight it.
7. Click on the arrow button to move the outcome variable into the Test Variable List: box.
8. Click on the "grouping" variable to highlight it and click on the arrow to move the "grouping" variable into the Grouping Variable: box.
9. Click on the Define Groups button.
10. Enter the categorical value for the first independent group into the Group 1: box. Example: "0"
11. Enter the categorical value for the second independent group into the Group 2: box. Example : "1"
12. Click Continue.
13. Click OK.
The steps for interpreting the SPSS output for a Mann-Whitney U test
If it is LESS THAN .05, then researchers have evidence of a statistically significant difference in the continuous outcome variable between the two independent groups.
If the p-value is MORE THAN .05, then researchers have evidence that there is NOT a statistically significant difference in the continuous outcome variable between the two independent groups.
2. Medians and interquartile ranges are reported for each independent group when using the Mann-Whitney U test.
Hire A Statistician - Statistical Consulting for Students
DO YOU NEED TO HIRE A STATISTICIAN?
Eric Heidel, Ph.D. will provide the following statistical consultingservices for undergraduate and graduate students at $50/hour. Secure checkout is available with Stripe or PayPal.
- Statistical Analysis
- Research Design
- Sample Size Calculations
- Diagnostic Testing and Epidemiological Calculations
- Survey Design and Psychometrics
AppNotch: Convert this website into an Android and iOS app.
AppNotch team will notify you when your app gets approved in Google Play and Apple iTunes App Stores. Once your app goes live, enter your App Store URLs in this property window, publish your Weebly site and your app store icons will be visible in this page.
Please visit AppNotch.com FAQ to learn more about how to add App Store icons to your website, update your app, send Push notifications and more.
Hire A Statistician!
Copyright © 2019 Scalë. All Rights Reserved. Patent Pending.