Interesting research questions
The "I" represents intrinsic and extrinsic interest in answering a research question
The opinions and contributions of your colleagues plays an important role in writing interesting research questions. Research is always a collaborative effort and should not be conducted in isolation. Seek out mentors and peers to discuss your research and welcome other pertinent suggestions and ideas. Recruit other interested individuals to work with you on the proposed study. Interesting research questions tend to attract other motivated researchers naturally.
Seek out funding institutions such as the NIH (National Institutes of Health) or NSF (National Science Foundation) to see if they are currently funding proposals in the area of interest. If they are, then your research question is interesting (especially in academic research environments). If they are not, your study is still interesting. Build a strong rationale for conducting the study and become vested in the literature!
Interesting research questions and FINER
1. Will the study be personally rewarding?
2. Will the study be professionally rewarding?
3. Do colleagues believe that the study is interesting?
4. Are funding agencies (NIH, NSF, etc.) currently funding research in this empirical area?
5. Will the study serve the immediate needs of patients?
6. Are researchers willing to give forth the effort and time to conduct the study in a rigorous and valid manner?
7. Do researchers have interdisciplinary support and interest in the research endeavor?
Hire A Statistician - Statistical Consulting for Students
DO YOU NEED TO HIRE A STATISTICIAN?
Eric Heidel, Ph.D. will provide the following statistical consultingservices for undergraduate and graduate students at $50/hour. Secure checkout is available with Stripe or PayPal.
- Statistical Analysis
- Research Design
- Sample Size Calculations
- Diagnostic Testing and Epidemiological Calculations
- Survey Design and Psychometrics
AppNotch: Convert this website into an Android and iOS app.
AppNotch team will notify you when your app gets approved in Google Play and Apple iTunes App Stores. Once your app goes live, enter your App Store URLs in this property window, publish your Weebly site and your app store icons will be visible in this page.
Please visit AppNotch.com FAQ to learn more about how to add App Store icons to your website, update your app, send Push notifications and more.
Hire A Statistician!
Copyright © 2019 Scalë. All Rights Reserved. Patent Pending.