FINER stands for feasible, interesting, novel, ethical, and relevant
Researchers have to evaluate their immediate empirical and clinical environment when planning to answer a research question. Researchers also have to be introspective in terms of how much time and effort they are willing to invest in a research study from inception to publication.
In order to meet all of the FINER criteria, researchers MUST become vested in the empirical literature. Research questions are grounded in the empirical literature. Mastery of the literature allows researchers to know what questions have been asked and which questions need answers.
Other important questions that researchers work through with the FINER framework include:
1. Will the question fill a meaningful "gap" in the knowledge base?
2. What new evidence will the research question yield?
3. How will study participants be protected from harm? How will confidentiality and anonymity be upheld? Informed consent?
4. How will answering the research question impact clinical practice? Quality improvement? Protocols? Policy?
The FINER framework for creating research questions
Statistician Services for Students
Eric Heidel, Ph.D. will provide the following services for undergraduate and graduate students at $50/hour. Secure checkout is available with Stripe or PayPal.
- Statistical Analysis
- Research Design
- Sample Size Calculations
- Diagnostic Testing and Epidemiological Calculations
- Survey Design and Psychometrics
AppNotch: Convert this website into an Android and iOS app.
AppNotch team will notify you when your app gets approved in Google Play and Apple iTunes App Stores. Once your app goes live, enter your App Store URLs in this property window, publish your Weebly site and your app store icons will be visible in this page.
Please visit AppNotch.com FAQ to learn more about how to add App Store icons to your website, update your app, send Push notifications and more.
Professional Statistician For Hire!
Copyright © 2018 Scalë. All Rights Reserved. Patent Pending.