Feasible research questions
Feasible in FINER focuses on time, scope, resources, expertise, and funding
Statistical power is also a central focus of feasibility. Researchers need to have access to a large enough pool of participants to sample from to conduct meaningful research. Without a large enough sample size, statistical power will decrease, meaning that researchers will be less likely to detect significant treatment effects.
Collaboration with other researchers is highly suggested to share the work load and integrate multiple viewpoints into the research question. In terms of scope, researchers should seek to be more deductive rather than inductive in order to write feasible research questions.
Talking with a statistical consultant or experienced researcher is wise when determining the feasibility of a research question.
Feasible research questions and FINER
1. Can the research question be answered in the current and future clinical or empirical environment?
2. Do researchers have access to an adequate pool of potential participants from the population of interest?
3. Is there enough time to conduct the study?
4. Does the scope of the study lead to attainable objectives?
5. Is the effect size large enough to be detected and still hold clinical relevance?
6. Do the researchers possess the necessary resources and expertise to conduct the study?
7. Have the researchers consulted a statistician or methodologist regarding the feasibility of the study?
8. Have researchers conducted a pilot study to establish a preliminary measure of effect for an a priori power analysis?
Hire A Statistician - Statistical Consulting for Professionals
Eric Heidel, Ph.D. will provide statistical consulting for researchers, professionals, and organizations at $100/hour. Secure checkout is available with Stripe or PayPal.
- Statistical Analysis
- Research Design
- Sample Size Calculations
- Diagnostic Testing and Epidemiological Calculations
- Survey Design and Psychometrics
AppNotch: Convert this website into an Android and iOS app.
AppNotch team will notify you when your app gets approved in Google Play and Apple iTunes App Stores. Once your app goes live, enter your App Store URLs in this property window, publish your Weebly site and your app store icons will be visible in this page.
Please visit AppNotch.com FAQ to learn more about how to add App Store icons to your website, update your app, send Push notifications and more.
Hire A Statistician!
Copyright © 2019 Scalë. All Rights Reserved. Patent Pending.