Evidence-Based Medicine (EBM)
Evidence-based medicine will play a central role with the advent of the Affordable Care Act
The five steps of evidence-based medicine (EBM)
1. Asking answerable clinical questions
2. Acquiring the highest quality evidence available
3. Appraising the clinical relevance and validity of the evidence in the current clinical environment
4. Applying evidence-based interventions in the current clinical environment
5. Assessing the efficacy and utility of EBM practice
The three modes of using evidence-based medicine (EBM)
1. The "doing" mode where all steps of EBM are completed.
2. The "using" mode where all steps of EBM are applied with the exception of Step 3, where pre-appraised evidence is delivered or sought out.
3. The "replicating" mode where the opinion of leaders and peers in the field are utilized rather than acquiring and appraising evidence (Steps 2 and 3).
Statistician Services for Students
Eric Heidel, Ph.D. will provide the following services for undergraduate and graduate students at $50/hour. Secure checkout is available with Stripe or PayPal.
- Statistical Analysis
- Research Design
- Sample Size Calculations
- Diagnostic Testing and Epidemiological Calculations
- Survey Design and Psychometrics
*Straus SE, Glasziou P, Richardson WS, Haynes RB. Evidence-based medicine: How to practice and teach it. Edinburgh: Churchill Livingstone; 2011.
Donate to Research Engineer!
AppNotch: Convert this website into an Android and iOS app.
AppNotch team will notify you when your app gets approved in Google Play and Apple iTunes App Stores. Once your app goes live, enter your App Store URLs in this property window, publish your Weebly site and your app store icons will be visible in this page.
Please visit AppNotch.com FAQ to learn more about how to add App Store icons to your website, update your app, send Push notifications and more.
Professional Statistician For Hire!
Copyright © 2018 Scalë. All Rights Reserved. Patent Pending.