Ethical research questions
The "E" in FINER focuses on asking an ethical research question
Protocols and methods must be presented in a standardized format for review by a board of experts across a wide range of specialties. When using observational designs (especially retrospective designs), or mining data, your application can be filed as an exemption, meaning that it will not require a full-board IRB review. Experimental studies and any study where something is done to human beings or animals will ALWAYS require a full-board IRB review.
With the FINER framwork, ethical research questions meet all guidelines for protecting human beings and at-risk populations. It is also extremely important to stick to the protocol that has been reviewed by the IRB. Any deviations from this original protocol must be approved before implementing ANYTHING new into a research study or experiment.
Ethical research questions and FINER
1. How will will potential participants be recruited?
2. How will potential participants be consented?
3. What steps will be taken for the safety of potential participants?
4. Will any incentives be used to increase participation or response rates?
5. What are the benefits of participation in the study?
6. What are the risks of participation in the study?
7. How will confidentiality and anonymity of participants be upheld?
8. Who will have access to the study data and where will it be stored?
Statistician Services for Students
Eric Heidel, Ph.D. will provide the following services for undergraduate and graduate students at $50/hour. Secure checkout is available with Stripe or PayPal.
- Statistical Analysis
- Research Design
- Sample Size Calculations
- Diagnostic Testing and Epidemiological Calculations
- Survey Design and Psychometrics
AppNotch: Convert this website into an Android and iOS app.
AppNotch team will notify you when your app gets approved in Google Play and Apple iTunes App Stores. Once your app goes live, enter your App Store URLs in this property window, publish your Weebly site and your app store icons will be visible in this page.
Please visit AppNotch.com FAQ to learn more about how to add App Store icons to your website, update your app, send Push notifications and more.
Professional Statistician For Hire!
Copyright © 2018 Scalë. All Rights Reserved. Patent Pending.