Conditional independence of a dichotomous categorical outcome
The steps for conducting a Cochran-Mantel-Haenszel test in SPSS
2. Click Analyze.
3. Drag the cursor over the Descriptive Statistics drop-down menu.
4. Click on Crosstabs.
5. Click on the "grouping" variable or categorical predictor variable to highlight it.
6. Click on the arrow to move the variable into the Row(s): box.
7. Click on the dichotomous categorical outcome variable to highlight it.
8. Click on the arrow to move the variable into the Column(s): box.
9. Click on the categorical variable that denotes the different values or "levels" of the condition that is being tested.
10. Click on the arrow in the Layer 1 of 1 table to move the condition variable into the box.
11. Click on the Statistics button.
12. Click on the Cochran's and Mantel-Haenszel statistics box to select it.
13. Click Continue.
14. Click OK.
The steps for interpreting the SPSS output for a Cochran-Mantel-Haenszel
2. In the Tests of Homogeneity of the Odds Ratio table, look under the Asymp. Sig. (2-sided) column. If the p-values are ABOVE .05, then continue with the analysis. If the values are BELOW .05, then researchers have violated this statistical assumption and should run separate bivariate analyses.
3. If researchers met the assumption above, then look in the Tests of Conditional Independence table under the Asymp. Sig. (2-sided) column.
If the p-values are BELOW .05, then researcheres have evidence of conditional independence between the groups on the outcome. This means that the association between the predictor and outcome variable is significantly different in the different levels of the conditional variable.
If the p-values are ABOVE .05, then researchers do not have evidence of conditional independence between the groups. This means that the groups do not differ in their relationships with the outcome variable according to what condition they are in.
Statistician Services for Professionals
Eric Heidel, Ph.D. will provide the following services for researchers, professionals, and organizations at $100/hour. Secure checkout is available with Stripe or PayPal.
- Statistical Analysis
- Research Design
- Sample Size Calculations
- Diagnostic Testing and Epidemiological Calculations
- Survey Design and Psychometrics
AppNotch: Convert this website into an Android and iOS app.
AppNotch team will notify you when your app gets approved in Google Play and Apple iTunes App Stores. Once your app goes live, enter your App Store URLs in this property window, publish your Weebly site and your app store icons will be visible in this page.
Please visit AppNotch.com FAQ to learn more about how to add App Store icons to your website, update your app, send Push notifications and more.
Professional Statistician For Hire!
Copyright © 2018 Scalë. All Rights Reserved. Patent Pending.