Asking clinical questions
Ask valid clinical questions using the PICO framework
Background questions are asked to obtain pertinent knowledge about a given disease state, diagnostic test, or treatment regimen. These types of questions are more focused towards learning general information regarding the etiology, prognosis, and diagnosis of various disease states and physiological phenomena.
Background questions have two components:
1. A question root (who, what, where, when, how, why) and a verb
2. A disease state, diagnostic test, treatment, or medicine
Ask foreground clinical questions using PICO
Foreground questions follow the PICO framework for subsequent components:
1. P - Patient, population, problem
2. I - Intervention, exposure, test, or agent
3. C - Comparison intervention, control group
4. O - Outcome that is clinically relevant
Where do clinical questions come from?
1. Clinical findings yielded from patient examinations and tests
2. Identifying the potential etiology and risk of disease states
3. Diagnosis of a patient's clinical issues
4. Applying and interpreting the results of diagnostic tests
5. Understanding the progression and prognosis associated with a disease
6. Choosing the best treatments for patients
7. Preventing disease by identifying risk factors and preemptive screening for certain prevalent disease states
8. Providing patients with relevant information regarding their clinical issues
9. Continuing to learn and grow as a clinician by applying newest, evidence-based, and appropriate tests and interventions
Statistician Services for Professionals
Eric Heidel, Ph.D. will provide the following services for researchers, professionals, and organizations at $100/hour. Secure checkout is available with Stripe or PayPal.
- Statistical Analysis
- Research Design
- Sample Size Calculations
- Diagnostic Testing and Epidemiological Calculations
- Survey Design and Psychometrics
AppNotch: Convert this website into an Android and iOS app.
AppNotch team will notify you when your app gets approved in Google Play and Apple iTunes App Stores. Once your app goes live, enter your App Store URLs in this property window, publish your Weebly site and your app store icons will be visible in this page.
Please visit AppNotch.com FAQ to learn more about how to add App Store icons to your website, update your app, send Push notifications and more.
Professional Statistician For Hire!
Copyright © 2017 Scalë. All Rights Reserved. Patent Pending.