Appraising diagnosis evidence
Assess patient similarities, methods, Youden index, sensitivity, and specificity
1. Was the diagnostic test evaluated in an appropriate spectrum of patients with similarities to the current patient?
2. Was the reference standard ascertained regardless of the diagnostic test results?
3. Was there an independent, blind comparison with a reference gold standard?
4. Is the test useful at all with a Youden index of at least 50%?
5. Can the test "rule out" a diagnosis (high sensitivity)?
6. Can the test "rule in" a diagnosis (high specificity)?
Statistician Services for Professionals
Eric Heidel, Ph.D. will provide the following services for researchers, professionals, and organizations at $100/hour. Secure checkout is available with Stripe or PayPal.
- Statistical Analysis
- Research Design
- Sample Size Calculations
- Diagnostic Testing and Epidemiological Calculations
- Survey Design and Psychometrics
AppNotch: Convert this website into an Android and iOS app.
AppNotch team will notify you when your app gets approved in Google Play and Apple iTunes App Stores. Once your app goes live, enter your App Store URLs in this property window, publish your Weebly site and your app store icons will be visible in this page.
Please visit AppNotch.com FAQ to learn more about how to add App Store icons to your website, update your app, send Push notifications and more.
Professional Statistician For Hire!
Copyright © 2019 Scalë. All Rights Reserved. Patent Pending.