Test associations between randomly assigned survey items
To use split-half reliability, take a random sample of half of the items in the survey, administer the different halves to study participants, and run analyses between the two respective "split-halves." A Pearson's r or Spearman's rho correlation is run between the two halves of the instrument. Then, these coefficients are entered into the Spearman-Brown formula to yield the split-half reliability coefficient. This equation gives an aggregate measure of reliability after the instrument has been split into separate instruments.
The steps for conducting split-half reliability in SPSS
2. Click Analyze.
3. Drag the cursor over the Scale drop-down menu.
4. Click on Reliability Analysis.
5. Click on the first "half" variable to highlight it.
6. Click on the arrow to move the variable into the Items: box.
7. Click on the second "half" variable to highlight it.
8. Click on the arrow to move the variable into the Items: box.
9. Click on the Statistics button.
10. In the Descriptives for table, click on the Item, Scale, and Scale if item deleted boxes to select them.
11. Click Continue.
12. Click on the Model: drop down menu.
13. Click on Split-half to select it.
14. Click OK.
The steps for interpreting the SPSS output for split-half reliability
Statistician Services for Professionals
Eric Heidel, Ph.D. will provide the following services for researchers, professionals, and organizations at $100/hour. Secure checkout is available with Stripe or PayPal.
- Statistical Analysis
- Research Design
- Sample Size Calculations
- Diagnostic Testing and Epidemiological Calculations
- Survey Design and Psychometrics
AppNotch: Convert this website into an Android and iOS app.
AppNotch team will notify you when your app gets approved in Google Play and Apple iTunes App Stores. Once your app goes live, enter your App Store URLs in this property window, publish your Weebly site and your app store icons will be visible in this page.
Please visit AppNotch.com FAQ to learn more about how to add App Store icons to your website, update your app, send Push notifications and more.
Professional Statistician For Hire!
Copyright © 2017 Scalë. All Rights Reserved. Patent Pending.