Compare independent groups of randomly assigned participants
Split-group validation in SPSS
Here are the methods for splitting the study participants into the derivation and confirmatory datasets:
1. Click on the Data drop-down menu.
2. Click on Select Cases... to select it.
3. In the Select table, click on the Random sample of cases button to select it.
4. Click on the Sample... button.
5. In the Sample Size table, click on the Approximately button to select it.
6. If researchers want to use a 50/50 split-group method, type the number 50 into the % of all cases box. For 60/40, type the number 60. For 70/30, type the number 70.
7. Click Continue.
8. Click OK.
9. Back in the Data View window, scroll all the way to the right of the database to find a variable denoted as "filter_$"
10. The observations denoted as "0" can be codified as the derivation group and the observations denoted as "1" can be codified as the confirmatory group.
11. Run statistical analyses on the two groups independently. If the results are similar, then validity evidence for the original statistical findings is assumed.
Statistician Services for Students
Eric Heidel, Ph.D. will provide the following services for undergraduate and graduate students at $50/hour. Secure checkout is available with Stripe or PayPal.
- Statistical Analysis
- Research Design
- Sample Size Calculations
- Diagnostic Testing and Epidemiological Calculations
- Survey Design and Psychometrics
AppNotch: Convert this website into an Android and iOS app.
AppNotch team will notify you when your app gets approved in Google Play and Apple iTunes App Stores. Once your app goes live, enter your App Store URLs in this property window, publish your Weebly site and your app store icons will be visible in this page.
Please visit AppNotch.com FAQ to learn more about how to add App Store icons to your website, update your app, send Push notifications and more.
Professional Statistician For Hire!
Copyright © 2017 Scalë. All Rights Reserved. Patent Pending.