Logarithmic transformations can normalize skewed or kurtotic data for purposes of analysis
The means and standard deviations of these transformed variables cannot be interpreted in the traditional sense. Only the p-value yielded from the analysis can be interpreted. Medians and interquartile ranges for the respective distributions should be reported for descriptive purposes.
The steps for conducting logarithmic transformations in SPSS
2. Click Compute Variable.
3. In the Target Variable: box, give the outcome a new name that reflects it has been transformed.
4. Click on the continuous outcome variable to highlight it.
5. Click on the arrow button to bring the variable over into Numeric Expression: box.
6. Type "ln" and put parentheses around the variable. Example: ln(outcome)
7. Click OK.
8. In the Data View tab of SPSS, there is a new transformed outcome variable.
Statistician Services for Students
Eric Heidel, Ph.D. will provide the following services for undergraduate and graduate students at $50/hour. Secure checkout is available with Stripe or PayPal.
- Statistical Analysis
- Research Design
- Sample Size Calculations
- Diagnostic Testing and Epidemiological Calculations
- Survey Design and Psychometrics
AppNotch: Convert this website into an Android and iOS app.
AppNotch team will notify you when your app gets approved in Google Play and Apple iTunes App Stores. Once your app goes live, enter your App Store URLs in this property window, publish your Weebly site and your app store icons will be visible in this page.
Please visit AppNotch.com FAQ to learn more about how to add App Store icons to your website, update your app, send Push notifications and more.
Professional Statistician For Hire!
Copyright © 2017 Scalë. All Rights Reserved. Patent Pending.