Appraising harm evidence
Assess patient similarities, study methods, follow-up period, and precision and magnitude of effect
1. Were there clearly defined groups of patients, similar in all important ways other than exposure to the treatment or other cause?
2. Were the treatments or exposures and clinical outcomes measured in the same ways in both groups and blinded?
3. Was the follow-up of the study patients sufficiently long and complete?
4. Is it clear that the exposure preceded the onset of the outcome?
5. Is there a dose-response gradient?
6. Is there any positive evidence from a dechallenge-challenge study?
7. Is the association consistent from study to study?
8. Does the association make biological sense?
9. What is the magnitude of the association between the exposure and outcome?
10. What is the precision of the estimate of the association between the exposure and the outcome?
Statistician Services for Students
Eric Heidel, Ph.D. will provide the following services for undergraduate and graduate students at $50/hour. Secure checkout is available with Stripe or PayPal.
- Statistical Analysis
- Research Design
- Sample Size Calculations
- Diagnostic Testing and Epidemiological Calculations
- Survey Design and Psychometrics
AppNotch: Convert this website into an Android and iOS app.
AppNotch team will notify you when your app gets approved in Google Play and Apple iTunes App Stores. Once your app goes live, enter your App Store URLs in this property window, publish your Weebly site and your app store icons will be visible in this page.
Please visit AppNotch.com FAQ to learn more about how to add App Store icons to your website, update your app, send Push notifications and more.
Professional Statistician For Hire!
Copyright © 2017 Scalë. All Rights Reserved. Patent Pending.